In order to keep our blog safe it is important that the users of the blog have clear rules and guidelines to follow. Our rules and guidelines also teach senior school students about safe and appropriate behaviour on the internet.
The following guidelines have been established to ensure the safety of all users.
– Students will only be identified by their first name. All comments should have first names only.
– Only students who have parental permission (the signing of the “Online Publication of Students Images/Work and photo permission” form) are allowed to have their work, name or photo posted online.
– Posts will not include personal details about students such as addresses and family information.
– Parents are also asked not to use last names. (Post comments as John’s mum or Sarah’s Grandfather etc.)
– All comments submitted have to be approved by a teacher before they can be seen by others.
– Proof read your comments carefully. Check for spelling mistakes, write full sentences and words – no “text talk” please (for example lol, i, or u).
– Be polite, friendly, and encouraging.
– Have some humour, but be careful with sarcasm.
– If you disagree with someone, don’t be rude about it; give constructive (helpful) feedback.
Thank you for your cooperation.